How to cure hard drive problems & recover data from Mac formatted hard drive

Mac OS logoImage via Wikipedia
Mac OS X hard drive is the only reliable hard drive what I feel, I am saying so because of the well known fact that the data in the drive is held in the hard drive even after the power failure, the data won’t be deleted from the hard drive till the time you delete it. But we all face the situation when we have to replace old Mac hard drive from a new one or when the data in the hard drive is corrupt most of the people will recommend to format the hard drive to correct almost all of the hard drive problems and we usually format the hard drive, in the process many a times we loose crucial data. Mac data recovery software can be useful in that situation

I also got stuck in a similar situation like this so firstly I tried to recover the data from the Mac OSX itself but when it was not possible through the OS I tried several other ways to recover the data. The whole process that I followed to recover the data is explained below. I did all this to prove the point that the data is recoverable even after formatting the hard disk and also to check that are most f the problems cured by formatting hard drive or not.

I did this to format the hard drive
Open hard drive
• Then Disk Utility program.
• Select a drive you want to format.
• Mac OS X can not be formatted unless you boot your system from installation disk.
• Click >>Erase Tab
• Select what kind of format you want to do
• Enter a label name of your hard drive.
• Click >>Erase button and the formatting process will resume

I realized that the issues with the hard disk were corrected but in the process I lost all my data, now another problem was in front of me was how recover lost data. I tried Mac time machine but that too will recover data only if the backup of the data is being taken prior on it.

I researched a lot and found out that even after formatting the hard drive the data isn’t deleted from the hard drive it is replaced by new empty file system and the old data becomes inaccessible. But then also the data can only be recovered if there is a data recovery for Mac software. I searched a lot and compared several Mac data recovery software, most of the software have the same features only the price as well as the OS support is what differs, Instead of buying the software in the first go I decided to try the free to use version of the Mac file recovery software.

These software run on pretty simple technology, the software firstly will scan your hard drive and then show you the preview of the files those can be recovered you can not get the files back to the system till the time you purchase it but yes you can at least get the files in the preview section of the software if you find your files there that means the files will be recovered properly.

Finally I got the data back and the point I wanted to prove was also solved.
Enhanced by Zemanta