Is Ubuntu 10.4 is better than Ubuntu 9.10?

Yes, after pulling a hat-trick with 9.10, they are back with even better upgraded version .i.e Ubuntu 10.4. The release date is due in April 2010. But, is the newer version better than the previous one. I knew that this will be the questions in everyone's mind, so here is what I found out.


What I was concerned was about the interface, data protection, speed and data recovery options and data security will they improve on it this time or not. You won't believe I almost found every thing what I was looking for.

Lets see what makes Ubuntu 10.4 different from the older version

LTS - I also figured out that Ubuntu 10.4 comes with LTS(Long Term Support ) which is not there with all the versions of the Ubuntu This helps you at the time of new version release, you just have to upgrade the version in spite of fresh installation. You can Upgrade to this version and ride up to the next version which is12.04.




Better Speed – It will offer a unbelievable 10 second boot time. They have targeted mid-range machine to archive the 10 second mark so you can imagine how fast your quad core machines will boot . Oh! I can't even imagine.

Fast Installation - They have come up with some unbelievable stuff, now you can download and install at the same time, this cuts down the installation time.



Graphical Startup – Another most interesting feature which is proposed is to offer a graphical Os selector for multi boot systems. The graphics of the Os will memories you of Mac OS X

What I didn't find was the data recovery options, we would have to depend on the third party linux data recovery software this time too. No, one applied thought about it neither did they, but still for me this is a complete OS. Is there anything else one can look for, I can't. I am kind of excited for the release of the Os, aren't you? I believe people will have to work hard to turn that down. Not only because of the added feature but the foundation and the overlaying structure will play a great part in it's success.