Vista Home Network Location Defaults to Private Upon Reboot

Can't connect to Internet even though you have a signal and everyone else is connecting fine.

After doing the whole scanning for critters, updates and installing a new Anti-Virus that wasn't expired I was still stumped. After rebooting the Vista Network Location would default right back to public, which only gave me local access. So my next step was to un-install the wifi drivers and re-install. Worked beautifully and now the default it private and they can access the Internet.

You may need to also reset all the security settings to their default values. I did this afterwards just to be sure I knocked it all out.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Also, You will want to make sure you have no malware or viruses and everything is up to date if you have not already done so.

My Comuter Girl, Inc.
Lakeland Computer Repair & Networking Services
www.MyComputerGirl.com
863-521-1079